Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pond Hockey!

First post in waaay too long! Feels bad man. Okay, I live in Minnesota, the "State of Hockey". So it's pretty big here. I'll admit that I like baseball and football more, but there's nothing better than lacing up the skates and hitting the ice. There's a pond in my back, backyard that we clear off in the winter to skate. We just got a good dumping of snow so today I got outside with the snowblower to clear it off. Here's what we got so far:



There's an island in the middle of the pond, so that's what that lump with pine trees on it is. As you can see, the ice is still crappy. After the initial cleaning off with the snowblower, I scrape off as much of the leftover snow as I can with a shovel. In the above pic, we have a bad situation. It got warm last week which turned the ice a little slushy. Then it snowed, creating a "crust" on top of the ice. To fix this I will have to flood the rink with a hose to make it nice and smooth. I will probably flood tomorrow. None of my family helps me prep this thing, mind you.

Soon she will be ready for action. We bought lights last year so we can play at night, the best time to play. I will probably keep you guys updated, if you're even reading this!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the flooding goes well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete